Below are resources to help make your volunteer experience with V-LINC a successful one!
- Your Contact & Liaison: You should always feel free to contact our Volunteer Services Manager for assistance.
- Projects Needing Volunteers. Check out our list of projects and let us know if a project interests you.
- The Volunteer Handbook. The Volunteer Handbook will be a helpful resource whether it’s been three months or three years since your orientation. You can find information on all the procedures and policies as well as our forms and processes.
- Submitting Hours. Use our online form to submit your volunteer hours. We ask that you submit your hours at least quarterly. You can submit them more frequently if you'd like.
- Our Forms.
- Find Us on Facebook. We post photos and descriptions of our completed projects in addition to other useful information on the V-LINC Facebook page. (facebook.com/vlinc). Keep up-to-date on the work of your fellow volunteers as well as what else is going on in the organization by “liking” us.
- Materials Resources. One of the best ways to keep costs down is to get materials used! Check out:
Craigslist.org - free and discounted items
Freecycle.org - free items (registration required)
Goodwill and the Salvation Army
V-LINC has a stockpile of materials and equipment donated by our volunteers. Click here for pictures and descriptions of the materials.
- Directions to Monthly PRAC Meetings. If you are working on a project, you will probably be asked to attend a couple of Project Review and Acceptance Committee (PRAC) meetings. They are usually held on the 4th Wednesday of the month at the National Electronics Museum (1745 West Nursery Road Linthicum, Maryland). The Museum is located just north of the intersection with Elkridge Landing Road across the street from the La Quinta Inn & Suites and next to the BWI Airport Marriott. You can park along the side of the building, and the entrance is under the red awning.